Trevor MooreSignalling Standards Engineer
Australian Rail Track Corporation
The Australian Rail Track Corporation is undergoing a project that focuses on low cost level crossing protection systems, resulting in up to 50% savings of the traditional cost and enables its use in a broader range of simple level crossing systems. Going back to the basics, Trevor will discuss the ARTC project and how their decisions on suppliers and installation will affect safety and network performance.
• Reviewing the range of traditional and new technology that is now being applied to level crossing active protection systems
• Developing the approval and safety assessment of new technology to meet the required safety outcomes
• The importance of construction and installation to achieving performance and cost objectives
• The critical information required to assess new technology for application in the rail safety space
• An overview of level crossings active protection and the issues to be addressed for simple to complex installations